Thursday, 1 March 2012
Run Away Brainz: Repair: Dell Streak 5 LCD Replacement Guide + Hidden Internal SD Card
Update: Time Laps (x5) reassembly video
A friend asked me to replace the screen on his much loved Dell Streak 5 Android "Phablet" or midget 5" tablet/phone .From the way the screen has cracked it appears to have had pressure at the lower edge of the screen .
The disassembly was pretty straight forward but it did reveal a hidden surprise regarding the internal memory...
Around the edge seems to always be the weak part on these devices ,the Ebay seller had sold around 700 screens for this particular model.
The LCD screen was only £25 which is a steal considering its suppose to be a genuine Corning "Gorilla glass", On further inspection of the original screen and the replacement it appears to be possibly a Dell OEM replacement the serial numbers are not that far apart.
Just as a confidence builder I will show the reassembly first ;)
Heres the time laps x5 reassembly video
Dell Streak 5 LCD Reassembly Guide
Also, you can cut the Case on the Dell Streak. To Avoid Disassembly. If you just wan to add a Bigger SD Card...
Dell Streak Upgrade internal sd card slot to 4GB class 10
- Repair a Dell Streak 5 LCD Replacement Guide + Hidden Internal SD Card
- Dell Streak screen repair yields a few welcome surprises - Hack a Day
- Run Away Brainz: Repair: Dell Streak 5 LCD Replacement Guide + Hidden Internal SD Card
- Dell Streak Upgrade internal sd card slot to 4GB class 10 - YouTube
- Dell Streak 5 LCD Reassembly Guide - YouTube
- Hardware hacking this puppy, input? - Android @ MoDaCo