Fluendo, Lineo Solutions, Mocana and NVIDIA Join The Linux Foundation
New members collaborate on Linux in the areas of mobile, embedded, security and multimedia
SAN FRANCISCO, March 7, 2012 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of Linux, today announced that four companies are joining the organization: Fluendo, Lineo Solutions, Mocana and NVIDIA. While
Linux continues to see strong gains in the enterprise market (Read: Linux Adoption Trends 2012: A Survey of Enterprise End Users), its accelerated growth in other areas such as mobile and embedded development, security and multimedia is undeniable. Companies see the benefits of Linux and the collaborative development model as key advantages in the future of computing and are adopting the operating system for a variety of applications.
More details on today’s new Linux Foundation members:Read More...
That's good news to me, on nVidia for sure. I have always had the good luck with the nVidia Linux Drivers. I didn't know that AMD was already a Member, (http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/members). I was surprised to see them on the Members Page. I haven't had good luck with their Drivers and I see allot of complaints about AMD Linux Drivers on the Net too. So, I guess that joining, doesn't necessarily mean that their Linux Code or evolvement will change allot...
- Fluendo, Lineo Solutions, Mocana and NVIDIA Join The Linux Foundation
- NVIDIA now a member of The Linux Foundation | Linux User
- Linux Foundation Corporate Membership | The Linux Foundation
- Members | The Linux Foundation
- Bylaws | The Linux Foundation
- Linux Training from the Linux Experts | Linux Foundation Training
- Announcements | The Linux Foundation
- Fluendo, Lineo Solutions, Mocana and NVIDIA Join The Linux Foundation | The Linux Foundation