Search My Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Non-responsive Flash objects

This is happening on my Fedora 14 System, as of 02-12-11. After the last Set of Fedora Updates Flash Videos started Crashing in YouTube when I try to Maximize them. This is what I found on the issue in an old Fedora 12 Bug. Looks like it's back in Fedora 14 now... I uninstalled Compiz, since I don't use the Desktop Effects any way to see if this will solve my problem until they fix the Bug again...

This didn't help my situation at all. No change, so I reinstalled "The compiz-gnome package contains gtk-window-decorator, and other gnome integration related stuff." Which also installed, "Compiz is one of the first OpenGL-accelerated compositing window managers for the X Window System." Then I went ahead and installed some Compiz extras and some themes to see if one of them would help to make sure Compiz is turned off. I know it was, but every time I try to open the Desktop Effects Control App, it crashes. Now I have a whole slew of Compiz and Desktop Effects Apps!;) Well, ya never know, till you try!:) Sometimes more helps and sometimes it just messes things up more!:O No change for me still. But now I have more control over Compiz and my Desktop Effects. There was one little App that gave me the option of turning Compiz on or off. But it did not show up in my Menu List and I didn't catch it's name so that I can start it again in the Terminal. But, when I enabled Compiz, my Whole X11 Session wen Wonkey, it looked like it Crashed, but the Screen didn't go Black. Instead it had millions of tiny little multi colored Dots. I think the Video Resolution was out of Range for my Monitor or Video Card. So, I did a Hard Reboot and things were fine again. So, I enabled all of the Testing Updates in both Fedora 14 and RPM Fusion. But there was nothing newer than the Flash 10 (Adobe Flash Plugin 10.2.152.27 Fully Supported: Mozilla SeaMonkey 1.0+, Firefox 1.5+, Mozilla 1.7.13+) that I updated to today (The problem started before I did the Update). I did enable the ATrpms to see what was in there.

I found this Alternative Flash App on my first look through. So, I'm going to install it ans see if it will help, I have already tried Gnash in the past and it is limited to Flash 9 and below, so not trying it...

"Lightspark is a modern, free, open-source flash player implementation. Lightspark features:
* JIT compilation of Actionscript to native x86 bytecode using LLVM
* Hardware accelerated rendering using OpenGL Shaders (GLSL)
* Very good and robust support for current-generation Actionscript 3
* A new, clean, codebase exploiting multithreading and optimized for modern hardware. Designed from scratch after the official Flash documentation was released."

Nope! Nothing I have tried helps:( Well, I'm tired of Playing this Game... I'll wait and see if Somebody Fixes it...

On a side note... I have ArtistX which is now running on Ubuntu 9 on another Machine and it is Playing Flash and YouTube Videos just fine today. It is however doing a strange thing when you are watching Play lists. The Screen goes Black when it switches to the Next Video. If you hit Esc to take the screen back to regular size the Video will work again when you hit Full Screen. This is a Bit Pain too. I noticed this yesterday (02-11-11).

See the Screen Shots for more info...

Don

Non-responsive Flash objects

link to this item - Bugzilla:#542424

When image:Package-x-generic-16.pngcompiz is enabled, some flash objects in web pages may be unresponsive to mouse clicks.

Go there...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs

OpenGL window and compositing manager

Compiz is one of the first OpenGL-accelerated compositing window
managers for the X Window System. The integration allows it to perform
compositing effects in window management, such as a minimization
effect and a cube workspace.  Compiz is an OpenGL compositing manager
that use Compiz use EXT_texture_from_pixmap OpenGL extension for
binding redirected top-level windows to texture

Go there...
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/compiz


Non-responsive Flash objects
YouTube - Dweb98's YouTube
shockwave flash crash fedora 14 - Google Search
Common F12 bugs - FedoraProject
Fedora Package Database -- compiz
Bug 542424 – Flash Objects are Non Responsive to Mouse Clicks with Compiz Enabled
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/compiz
Youtube shockwave flash crash fedora 14 - Google Search
Bug 533959 – Firefox crashes with Flash plugin, using Firefox from Fedora (NOT downloaded from elsewhere)
YouTube does NOT WORK wigh Firefox 3.5 and Fedora 11 Linux
Fedora 14 : Can not view Flash 9 files (SWF 9).
Unable to play Youtube Videos | Unable to play Youtube Videos how to linux | Unable to play Youtube Videos > | How to Linux, Linux Help, Ubuntu Help
lightspark
Don

No comments: