Figaro's Password Manager 2 v0.79
FPM2 is GTK2 port from Figaro's Password Manager originally developed by John Conneely, with some new enhancements.
- Passwords are encrypted with the AES-256 (old version use blowfish) algorithm.
- Key for encryption is generated with PBKDF2 using HMAC-SHA-256 with 8192 iterations.
- Optionally you can use two-factor authentication. For decrypt list of passwords you must know master password and you must have key file.
- Copy passwords or usernames to the clipboard/primary selection.
- If the password is for a web site, FPM2 can keep track of the URLs of your login screens and can automatically launch your browser. In this capacity, FPM2 acts as a kind of bookmark manager.
- Combine all three features: you can configure FPM2 to bring you to a web login screen, copy your username to the clipboard and your password to the primary selection, all with a single button click.
- FPM2 also has a password generator that can choose passwords for you. It allows you to determine how long the password should be, and what types of characters (lower case, upper case, numbers and symbols) should be used. You can even have it avoid ambiguous characters such as a capital O or the number zero.
- You can teach FPM2 to launch other applications, and optionally pass hostnames, usernames or passwords to the command line.
- Passwords can be organized in various category and may have detailed notes.
- With "search as you type" function you easily find what you want.
- Auto-minimise and/or auto-locking passwords database after configurable time to the tray icon.
- FPM2 is available in the following languages: Basque, Bulgarian, Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
FPM2 is in my Fedora 14 Repos. I may go back and install it later...