Art of Annoyance and Camouflage
The Portspoof program primary goal is to enhance OS security through a set of techniques that will slow down and keep your attackers out from staying low profile during their reconnaissance against your system(s).
By default the attacker's reconnaissance phase should be time consuming and easily detectable by your intrusion detection systems...
Art of Active (Offensive) Defense
Portspoof can be also used as an 'Exploitation Framework Frontend', that turns your system into responsive and aggressive machine. In practice this means that your server will be able to exploit your attackers' tools and exploits in an automated manner. This approach is purely based on Active (Offensive) Defense concepts.
Portspoof is meant to be lightweight, configurable, fast and secure (if it's not - please let me know)
Check it out:
Read More and see Demo Videos...
Honeyd Virtual Honeypot
Honeyd is a small daemon that creates virtual hosts on a network. The hosts can be configured to run arbitrary services, and their personality can be adapted so that they appear to be running certain operating systems. Honeyd enables a single host to claim multiple addresses - I have tested up to 65536 - on a LAN for network simulation. Honeyd improves cyber security by providing mechanisms for threat detection and assessment. It also deters adversaries by hiding real systems in the middle of virtual systems.
Honeyd is open source software released under GNU General Public License. Even though Honeyd is used commercially by many companies, it is being developed in my spare time without any financial support. Nontheless, I always appreciate a reduction of my wishlists, if you feel so inclined. The README in Honeyd's source distribution and the acknowledgments page lists a number of people who have contributed code and ideas.
Portspoof Program to enhance OS security using techniques that will slow down and keep your attackers out from staying low profile during their reconnaissance against your system and can also Exploit the Attackers System and Honeyd Virtual Honeypot
- » Linuxaria – Everything about GNU/Linux and Open source PortSpoof – An interesting anti-snooping tool for Linux
- Portspoof - About
- portspoof/DOCS at master · drk1wi/portspoof · GitHub
- portspoof/ChangeLog at master · drk1wi/portspoof · GitHub
- portspoof/COPYING at master · drk1wi/portspoof · GitHub
- The Portspoof - Active Defense against port scanners - YouTube
- The Portspoof - Exploiting your attackers exploits - YouTube
- Nmap exploit - http-domino-enum-passwords.nse - YouTube
- Http:BL Application Programming Interface (API) | Project Honey Pot
- Developments of the Honeyd Virtual Honeypot