Blender CAM: Blender CAM description
This extension is free of charge, however you can donate to support the development and appreciate the work which has allready been done.
There is currently no warranty for the results from blender CAM - you have to check your paths before use. Blender CAM has been tested with success in my studio. I wouldn't recommend Blender CAM for metalworking now, be carefull if you try it.
- Several milling strategies for 2D and 3D
- Cutter types: ball, flat, v-carve with various angles
- work with 3d data or depth images
- Layers and skin for roughing.
- Inverse milling
- Various options for ambient around model
- protection of vertical surfaces
- stay low - option for movement
- material size setup
- simulation of 3d operations
- Background computing of the operations, so you can continue working
- helix entry, arc retract, ramp down for some of the strategies.
- Automatic bridges for cutout operation
- Chain export and simulation
- verious machines, uses nc BSD library from HeeksCNC
- motion direction - classic, conventional, meander, are only partially supported
- 4 and 5 axis milling. 4 axis indexed milling wouldn't be hard to add, I just need donations to buy a 4 axis machine ;)
Blender CAM is an open source solution for artistic CAM - Computer aided machining - a g-code generation tool
- Blender CAM – Open Source CAM Software
- Blender CAM: Blender CAM description
- G-code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Blender CAM
- blenderCAM tutorial 1 - YouTube