Search My Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fedora Spins are alternate versions of Fedora, tailored for various types of users via hand-picked application sets or customizations

I have been running Fedora Linux, as my main OS, since 2005. I have tried out many other Linux Distributions and Fedora is still my favorite. It can take allot of time, to build up a new Fedora install, with all of your favorite Apps. I learned how to make my own custom App install Scripts. By saving a list of my installed Apps, to a text file. See, this post for a how to... This Post is a Follow up to my previous Post called... Don's favorite Fedora Apps...

But, if you just want a nice clean Fedora installation, that has many of the Apps that you want for a certain Purpose. Then check out the Fedora Spins. Here's the basic info on the current Spins, form the Fedora Site, below...

Note: you could also, save an Apps list form these Spins Pages and make install all of the Apps on your current install of Fedora, with Yum Package Manager. As, I have done at times...

Don

Explore Fedora's possibilities

Meet our spins.

What is a spin? Fedora spins are alternate version of Fedora, tailored for various types of users via hand-picked application set or customizations.

Learn more about spins >


Go there...
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/


Fedora Spins are alternate versions of Fedora, tailored for various types of users via hand-picked application sets or customizations


Fedora Project - Get Fedora: Desktops, Other Formats, Spins, Cloud Images or Secondary Arches.
Fedora Spins
About Spin: Fedora Jam
About Spin: Design Suite
About Spin: Games
About Spin: KDE Plasma Desktop
About Spin: LXDE
About Spin: Robotics
About Spin: Security
About Spin: Xfce

Fedora Project


Fedora Project
Fedora Forum
Fedora Solved
Fedora Weekly News
Planet Fedora
Join Fedora!


No comments: