Search My Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Metamorhose - A cross platform file and folder mass renamer allows many different renaming operations in a GUI


Here's a new file Renamer, for Linux, Windows and Mac. I am trying it out in Fedora 19 and 20 Linux. I'm planning on renaming the whole content of an old Windows Installation. So, that I can Copy all of the Pictures and Media Files to a new Backup Partition. Without, having any Name Clashes. So, I'm adding the last changed date and removing all odd characters (!@#$%^&*()){}[]|\/) too. It automatically renames any Sub Folders in the Directories I chose. So, I didn't need to set any Folder Renaming options, for my purposes. Note, this could Break a Running System. So, be careful with your Folders! So far, I really like it. It is still in Beta. But, other than a little problem with Picture Image file Previews not working, right off... I get this Error, on Start-up of the App. "Python Imaging Library (PIL) not found. Refer to readme file for install instructions. You will not be able to preview images." I did my installation from the Fedora Repos, with Yum Extender. So, I also installed the two packages, that mentioned Python Imaging Library (PIL). That didn't fix the Error. But, I don't care about previewing image thumbnails, anyway. I imaging, that would just slow down the app. It preforms very well, in the tests I did. Renaming both image files and folders. The first thing, I noticed. Was that every time you added another "Operation". I had to wait for the Preview to Process all of the Files. Then, I noticed, that there is a little check box, at the right side of the Preview Window. There, you can turn of the Preview Feature. Then, you can just hit the Preview Button, on the left side of the Window. When you are done adding Operations. That sped up my work, quite a bit. I just got in there and played around with all of the functions, until I got what I wanted. The interface is both Powerful and Intuitive. So, if you like Kursader's Rename App KRename. Or Bulk Rename for Thunar File manager. But, need more features. Check out Metamorhose...

Don

Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer

Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net


Last Update:
Download metamorphose2_0.8.2-1_all.deb
Browse All Files
Windows Mac Linux

Description

A cross platform file and folder mass renamer, allows many different renaming operations in a GUI.

Please note that development has moved to GitHub:
https://github.com/ianare/metamorphose2

Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer Web Site

Features

  • Preview every item to be renamed before comiting changes.
  • Load all files in directory and in subdirectories (recursive renaming).
  • Undo renaming operation in case of mistakes.
  • Regular expression support throughout.
  • Full unicode support means any character from any language can be used.
  • Rename media files according to their metadata tags (Exif, id3, etc).
  • Add any number of operations in any order (v.2 only)

Go there...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/file-folder-ren/?source=dlp

Metamorhose a cross platform file and folder mass renamer, allows many different renaming operations in a GUI


Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
ianare/metamorphose2 · GitHub
Métamorphose Readme
metamorphose2/readme_en.html at master · ianare/metamorphose2 · GitHub
RPM resource python-imaging
Python Imaging Library (PIL)
Python Imaging Library (PIL)



No comments: