Kali Linux | Rebirth of BackTrack, the Penetration Testing Distribution.
From the creators of BackTrack comes Kali Linux, the most advanced and versatile penetration testing distribution ever created. BackTrack has grown far
Kali Linux is the new generation of the industry-leading BackTrack Linux penetration testing and security auditing Linux distribution. Kali Linux is a complete re-build of BackTrack from the ground up, adhering completely to Debian development standards.
As the distribution developers, one would likely expect us to recommend that everyone use Kali Linux but the fact of the matter is, that Kali is a Linux distribution specifically geared towards professional penetration testing and security auditing.
During installation, Kali Linux allows users to configure a password for the root user. However, should you decide to boot the live image instead, the i386, amd64, and ARM images are configured with the default root password – “toor“, without the quotes.
Kali Linux ISO of Doom
In our last blog post, we provided an example of running an unattended network installation of Kali Linux. Our scenario covered the installation of a custom Kali configuration which contained select tools required for a remote vulnerability assessment using OpenVAS and the Metasploit Framework.
With just a few minor changes to this concept, we can further leverage Kali to create other cool and shiny toys as well. In today’s post, we’ll see what it takes to create what we fondly refer to as “The Kali Linux ISO of Doom”.
The idea we had was tbao build an “unattended self-deploying” instance of Kali Linux that would install itself on a target machine along with a customized configuration requiring no user input whatsoever. On reboot after the installation completes, Kali would automagically connect back to the attacker using a reverse OpenVPN connection. The VPN setup would then allow the attacker to bridge the remote and local networks as well as have access to a full suite of penetration testing tools on the target network.
BackTrack Reborn - Kali Linux
- Kali Linux | Rebirth of BackTrack, the Penetration Testing Distribution.
- Official Kali Linux Downloads | Kali Linux
- Kali Linux Official Documentation | Kali Linux
- Kali Linux ISO of Doom
- Community | Kali Linux
- Offensive Security Training and Professional Services
- BackTrack Reborn - Kali Linux Teaser on Vimeo
- Kali Linux - Penetration Testing Distribution - Documentation
- Kali Linux Forums
- What is Kali Linux ? | Kali Linux Official Documentation
- Should I Use Kali Linux? | Kali Linux Official Documentation
- Kali Linux Default Passwords | Kali Linux Official Documentation
- 00. Introduction To Kali Linux | Kali Linux Official Documentation
- BackTrack Linux
- BackTrack 5 R2 Linux Officially Released - Softpedia
- BackTrack Forums
- BackTrack Linux - Linux Freedom
- BackTrack Linux - Penetration Testing Distribution
- BackTrack Wiki
- Hard Drive Installs - BackTrack Linux
- InternetNews Realtime IT News - Amazon Backtracks on Kindle Voice Feature
- Linux Today - Amazon Backtracks on Kindle Voice Feature
- Main Page - BackTrack Linux
- Persistent USB - BackTrack Linux
- Upgrading to BackTrack 5 R2
- USB Installs - BackTrack Linux
- reaver-wps - Brute force attack against Wifi Protected Setup - Google Project Hosting
- How to Crack a Wi-Fi Network's WPA Password with Reaver