Search My Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

How to Video on Lost PLA 3D Printed Part to Aluminium Metal Casting

My second Job, when I was 16 years old. Back in 1973, was... You guessed it! It was in a Foundry. This one, was actually a Machine Shop, with a Foundry in the Back. I Poured Aluminium Lawn Furniture. Little three tiered tables. And I pored some Brass Parts too. I used simple metal moulds. But, there was another guy, who did the Sand Casting and he taught me how to do it well enough to work on my own. For a while, when he was on vacation. Then I went back to my Aluminium Lawn Stuff. I found it very interesting. But, believe me it was hot in that old Sheet Metal Building in these Texas Summers! I didn't stay there, very long. I went back to my fist job, in a regular Machine Shop. But, I have always had in the back of my mind. The things that I could make, if I had my own home Foundry. A couple of years ago. I did a bunch of  research on Home Metal Casting and really got fired up about it;) But, I still haven't done it yet. And also, after reading and watching quite a few videos on 3D Printing Parts at home. One of the first things that came to my mind, was... I wonder if you could do a Lost Plastic Pour? Instead of taking all of that time to hand carve a Wax Pattern or make one from Plaster... Anyway.... All that, to say... This is a very good How To Video on Home Lost PLA 3D Print to Metal Casting. This guy was kind enough to make a Complete. Start to Finish Video for us. He uses some cleaver and inexpensive innovations, along the way. He mentions in the video, towards the end. That he has been doing this for 20 years. And his finished Product, Proves it!:) Also, check out the links below, for more Metal Casting info...

Lost PLA 3D Print to Metal Casting; Complete



Watch here or check out this 30 minute Video, on YouTube... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVVSZP3Au4

Oh, and yes I have Exploded some Concrete by spilling Molten Aluminium on the Concrete Floor. It was kind of cool, to me at 16. So, I did it again. But, I stopped doing that, when something hot jumped up and hit me in the face. No, I don't remember wearing any of that Protective Equipment. Just some thick leather gloves and my Blue Jeans...

Don

  Video on Lost PLA 3D Print to Metal Casting - Complete, Start to Finish


Update: lost PLA metal casting — The Movie
Turning 3D prints into aluminum castings
Lost PLA 3D Print to Metal Casting; Complete - YouTube

Aluminium Foundry Made from a Gas Cylinder Tank and Links from Comments
BackyardMetalcasting.com - Lionel's Laboratory :: Index
BackyardMetalcasting.com - Lionel's Laboratory :: View topic - The Alaskan Furnace
Homemade Aluminum Foundry
BackyardMetalcasting.com - Lionel's Laboratory :: View topic - Another lost foam Rammer
My Forge Burner
Making a new Metal Melting Furnace and a small Forge.
Fire!
Aluminium Foundry Made from a Gas Cylinder Tank and Links from Comments
BackyardMetalcasting.com - Lionel's Laboratory :: Index
BackyardMetalcasting.com - Lionel's Laboratory :: View topic - The Alaskan Furnace
Homemade Aluminum Foundry
BackyardMetalcasting.com - Lionel's Laboratory :: View topic - Another lost foam Rammer
My Forge Burner
Making a new Metal Melting Furnace and a small Forge.
Fire!

Foundrys Investment Castings Lost Wax Investment Castings Research and Videos
Bastar art Lost wax process Video by Sushil - MySpace Video
investment castings india (lost wax investment castings) - Google Search
investment castings india (lost wax lost-foam casting) - Google Search
Investment Castings Lost Wax Investment Castings - Google Search
lost-foam casting - Google Search
view_play_list
YouTube - Bronze casting for Omni project
YouTube - INDIAN ART - BRASS BRONZE SCULPTURES-LOST WAX PROCESS
YouTube - Investment Casting Process
YouTube - Lost Foam Cast Aluminum Skull Casting


No comments: