Research Shows FOSS Bugs Get Rapid Response, Commercial Software Not So Muchby Lisa Hoover - Dec. 11, 2009Comments (0)
- Related Blog Posts
- Likewise Software's New Starter Packs Make Upgrading Easier for Enterprise
- Five Power Tools for Pidgin
- Keep Your Passwords Safe With KeePass
- Five Password Management Add-Ons For Firefox
- Wireshark 1.2 Released With a Bundle of New Features
Not that this should surprise anyone familiar with the open source community, but a new study shows bugs in open source software get fixed more quickly than issues in commercial software. Technology news Web site V3.co.uk got an early look at the results of research conducted by application security firm Veracode, which indicate "security issues in open-source software typically take less than a week to remediate and report on, or three man hours of effort."Read more...