Search My Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can You "Rank" in Google if Everyone Has Different Search Results? | WebProNews

Can You "Rank" in Google if Everyone Has Different Search Results?

Google Extends Personalized Search, Adds Real-Time Results

Google has extended its personalized search functionality to users who are not even signed in. This goes for Google users around the world, in over 40 languages. What this means is that when you search with Google, it will provide results that are aimed at higher relevancy to the individual user, as opposed to relevancy for the average person.

"For example, since I always search for [recipes] and often click on results from epicurious.com, Google might rank epicurious.com higher on the results page the next time I look for recipes," Google explains in a blog post on the subject. "Other times, when I'm looking for news about Cornell University's sports teams, I search for [big red]. Because I frequently click on www.cornellbigred.com, Google might show me this result first, instead of the Big Red soda company or others."

Read more...
http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/12/07/google-personalizes-everybodys-searches

Don

No comments: