Search My Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Video: Five email safety tips everyone should follow | IT Dojo | TechRepublic.com

Here's a very good Video on this IT Web Site with good Tips on keeping your e-mail's and your address safe. I have to admit, I don't do all of these things... I don't like reading e-mails with just text. I like the pictures showing up and  I can figure out what they are about quicker and even see if I want to delete them without reading them if I see the pictures first. But, this does pose a risk that I didn't even know about, after all these years of reading on Computer Security...

Video: Five email safety tips everyone should follow

  • Date: June 19th, 2009
  • Author: Bill Detwiler

Instant messaging, texting, and tweeting are all the rage, yet email still dominates the communication landscape–at home, but especially in business. Unfortunately, many people, even IT pros, still ignore the basics of email security. In this video, I'll go over five basic email safety tips that everyone should follow.

For those of you who prefer text to video, you can click the Transcript link that appears below the video player window or you can also read Chad Perrin's article, "10 essential e-mail security measures," on which this video is based. Check out these articles and downloads for more email security tips:

Go there and see Video...

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=773&tag=nl.e099.dl090701&tag=nl.e099

Don

No comments: