Search My Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rip-off Report: Town And Country Foods - Town And Country Gourmet Foods Cashed My Check Despite Having Cancelled Contract Within 3 Business Days Grand PrarierGrand Prarie Texas

Ever see those guys in your neighbor hood with a truck and a freezer,
knocking on doors and offering "Great Deals" on Meat or Food?

Watch Out!...

Report: Town And Country Gourmet Foods

Category: Telemarketers
Town And Country Foods - Town And Country Gourmet Foods Cashed My Check
Despite Having Cancelled Contract Within 3 Business Days Grand
PrarierGrand Prarie Texas
*UPDATE *UPDATE ..Town And Country Foods - Town And Country Gourmet
Foods Cashed My Check Despite Having Cancelled Contract Within 3
Business Days Grand \Prarie Texas
Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.
Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or
positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide
"insider information" on this company?
Victim of this person/company?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice?
File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don´t let
them get away with it!
Print Email
Town And Country Gourmet Foods
Phone: 800-651-6336
Fax: 972-602-1985

2100 N Hwy 360 Suite 404
Grand Prarie, Texas, 75050
U.S.A.
Submitted: 6/8/2008 9:37:11 AM
Modified: 6/9/2008 6:22:09 PM
Reported By
Texasconsumer
Fort Worth, Texas

Ripoff Report Verified Safe

On 5-30-08, a representative, John Mizer came to present the Town and
Country Food Plan. He brought a sample of their frozen foods. After
signing a contract, we gave him a check for over $3,000 to cover their
service fee and to avoid financing
the freezer to be delivered. After reconsidering the cost of the food
and reading other user reports concerning this company, I faxed Town &
Country cancellation notices on 6-3-08 to cancel not only their contract
but the Financing contract for the Fair Finance. After canceling the
contract and requesting my check returned and not to cash it, I called
the office and told them why I was cancelling and not to cancel it. I
was told by their office staff that they would just tear up the check.
Now I checked my bank account
and find they cashed the check on 6-4-08 the last date I could cancel
the contract. I feel they have violated the law by cashing my check
before my 3 day right of recision was over and I would like to get help
in not only getting my money back but aslo some financial compensation
for them taking my money against my explicit instructions. If this is
how they do business, I won't recommend them to anyone and to be very
careful before you give them a cent.

Ripped Off By Town & Country Foods
Fort Worth, Texas
U.S.A.

Go there...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/338/RipOff0338203.htm

Don

No comments: