Search My Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Automatic Hamburger Machine - 50 Years Ahead of Its Time! - YouTube

I found this video, in an article, Retrotechtacular: Automatic For The People | Hackaday. It's interesting, to me. To see, Mechanical and Electronic Automation, in the 1960's. I grew up in the 60's and 70's. And I can remember, several marvels, of Mechanical. That we don't have today. I noticed, in the YouTube Comments. People, were going on about Machines, taking Peoples Jobs. Something, that I have seen allot of, during my lifetime. But, no one seemed to notice. That, you can make a whole lot more money. Building and Maintaining these Machines. Than you can Flipping Hamburgers. During the 80's. I worked in an Air Craft Factory. Building F-16 Air Craft. I was a Tool maker. And I found, that job. Allot more interesting. Than the Hand Finishing Job, that I had before (at the same Factory) Robots, were fast taking over the Hand Finishing Jobs. But, Jobs that take skill and knowledge. Seem to Stay around. At least, learning to run those machines. You have to be flexible and learn to adapt, to survive. I think, learning new skills, is the best way to keep ahead of the Machines. And enjoy your work, as well. Check this Video out and the related links too...

Don


Automatic Hamburger Machine - 50 Years Ahead of Its Time!

Video link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmXLqImT1wE

19,282
Published on Jan 16, 2014

Fifty years ago, the engineers of AMF's Central Research Labs in Stamford, CT invented automated foodservice. This entertaining film (circa 1964) describes a pilot operation for the then-burgeoning fast-food industry.

Watch as hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, seafood, french-fries, onion rings, shakes, and soft drinks are ordered, prepared, and packaged automatically by AMF's revolutionary AMFare System.

All the food was delicious, especially the flame-broiled hamburgers, double-hamburgers and cheeseburgers. The entire menu was cooked-to-order and served in minutes - at the desired temperature for each item.

AMF's Orbis system (shown here) pioneered the concept of electronic ordering, price tabulation, and inventory management in foodservice. Today that is the standard worldwide. However, AMF's Orbis system went further; it electronically controlled the machinery that prepared, cooked, and packaged the food items. AMF's automated beverage dispensers (also shown here) are today common at the "drive-through windows" of many fast-food operations.


No comments: