Search My Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No-Touch Music Player - FeedYourHead LighTouch

A Great way to control a music player and maybe several other devices as well...

Don


LighTouch

LighTouch was an idea I had as I was just diving into Arduino.  Like anyone getting started, I bought an Uno and three random shields just to play with (music shield, bluetooth, and ultrasonic range finder).  To that end, I got each of them up and running in record time and got bored.  So what was the next logical step?  Right... figure out how many of these shields can I use at the same time.  In this case, a music shield and ultrasonic range finder made the cut.

The idea is pretty simple; an mp3 player that you never have to touch.  Simply hold your hand over the device to adjust volume, pause, and move to the next track.  All the commands basically key on the distance of your hand from the sensor.

A little modification of the demo code for both, some enclosure work, and before i knew it I had a pretty functional little prototype.


I plan on expanding on this idea.  Ultrasonic proves to be a very simplistic, but very precise user interface for just about everything I've tried it on.

What's next?  An alarm clock that I can just wave my hand over to shut it off.

assembly pictures on the site...

Read More...
http://wolfebaine.blogspot.com/2013/03/lightouch.html

No-Touch Music Player - FeedYourHead
No-touch music player
FeedYourHead: LighTouch

Popular Posts

  • Premise After the slew of hurricanes and tropical storms that plagued the east coast this year, I think just about everyone became aware of...
  • Premise  I've seen quite a few posts lately around hooking Google Street View up to exercise equipment of some sort.  Most tend to use ...
  • Backstory - I don't know why this didn't occur to me sooner, but once again my wife comes to the rescue in inspiring my creativity. ...


No comments: