The iRobot Roomba is a great robotic device for hardware hackers and robot builders.
They can be found on Ebay for as little as $20 with and without batteries. The battery pack seems to be the main reason they get sold because most users just don’t want to bother replacing the battery, which costs about $45 on Ebay. Other items that cause problems are dirty wheel sensors, a seized cleaning brush motor and an occasional broken drive belt. Most of these problems aren’t a concern to hardware hackers.
Roomba 4000 Teardown (20 minutes)
- Roomba 4000 Series Teardown
- Roomba 4000 teardown ready for your Doomba build - Hack a Day
- Roomba 4000 Series Teardown | HACK A WEEK
- Converting a Roomba into a Mars rover - Hack a Day
- Roomba used to map indoor air quality - Hack a Day
- One-eyed, one-armed metal rolling Roomba robot - Hack a Day
- Roomba 4000 Teardown - YouTube