Search My Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

On the Road with Invisible Waves RF Analyzers

Boy has the Wireless Mic World changed! Interesting Article...

On the Road with Invisible Waves RF Analyzers

 Permanent link by Seamus Fenton.

I have been a monitor engineer for some time now. Though I don't consider myself an "RF guy," monitoring radio frequencies seems to be a part of my job. Over the years, I have tried to absorb as much information as possible, from the various people I have worked with who do know about the black art that is the wobbly world of RF (thank you, Sir Barold).

One of the most important things I've learned is that when dealing with multiple frequencies? It is essential to have a plan. It amazes me how many festivals or gigs exist where there is simply no RF plan. Or even worse, a lack of regard for the importance or possibility of such! So to avoid as much confusion as possible and make this all-important plan, I've discovered a very helpful thing: a radio-frequency analyzer.

This brings me to my new essential toy, the Invisible Waves PC-based RF spectrum analyzer (Model IW1800). http://www.rfanalyzers.com/

Read more...
http://www.prosoundnews.com/Blog.aspx?id=22268&blogid=192

Don

No comments: