Search My Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

The iPad's Linux competition - Computerworld Blogs

The iPad's Linux competition

I get all the excitement about Apple's iPad. Even if it is just an iPad Touch writ large, that would be enough to make me want one as well. But the $499 price tag gives me pause, and I'm also not crazy about Apple's locked-door policy toward developers and their iPad applications. That's why I've been looking forward to the other cheaper, more open, and Linux-based tablets.

Now that the iPad is being shipped, it's becoming clearer who's going to be shipping Linux-powered iPad competitors first. You can expect to see a flood of Google Android devices coming to the world from many of the Taiwanese computer vendors. These will include tablets from Acer, Asustek, BenQ, and MSI.


Read more...
http://blogs.computerworld.com/15871/the_ipads_linux_competition

No comments: