Deprecated. Users cannot directly interact with Microsoft ActiveX controls loaded by the APPLET, EMBED, or OBJECT elements. Users can interact with such controls after activating their user interfaces. This topic describes how Windows Internet Explorer handles ActiveX controls, shows how to load ActiveX controls so their interfaces are activated, and describes the impact of this behavior on accessibility tools and applications hosting the WebBrowser Control.
This topic contains the following sections.
- Affected Versions
- Understanding Control Activation
- Loading Interactive Controls Externally
- Programmatically Determining Whether a Control is Inactive
- Accessibility Impact
- WebBrowser Control Impact
- Appendix A: DHTML Events Blocked by Inactive Controls
For an introduction to the user experience, please see Internet Explorer 6: ActiveX Update.
For additional information regarding the platforms affected by this update, please see Internet Explorer ActiveX Update.