Search My Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

iGoogle Alternatives - The deadline for the demise of iGoogle, Google's start page, is getting closer, it will be gone November 1st, 2013

I've been putting this off, as long as I can... Since I just don't want to mess with setting all of my iGoogle Stuff again. On a different Page and Join a new Site. One with a Different Format and Back-end. And I darn sure don't wan any Flash! TMF - Too Much Flash. Kills your Web Browser, often by using up 100% of your Processing Power. Or TMJ - Too Much Java, on my Home Page. I just want, Quick Access to my Daily News Reads and Links. And just the stuff, that I'm interested in, No Stupid Blinking Adds or Unrelated Stuff, to what I Choose. I read an article last year (See the "iGoogle Alternatives" links, at the bottom of this page). With a bunch of iGoogle replacement Suggestions. They were all pretty good. But, it looked like it would take some time to get things, set up. So, I put it off. And I don't remember any way to Import my Current iGoogle Widgets into any of them. But, this Article has several Sites, with the ability to Import your iGoogle XML File. And there's a link to a How To Download and Import your iGoogle XML file too. (Download iGoogle's backup file). So, it looks like it's time to, just get on with it and find something new. The one, that looks most like iGoogle to me, is igHome . So, I think I will try it out first. The only think is. I don't look forward to Wading Through all of these Sites TOS and Privacy Statements, in order to figure out, which one I think that I can Trust. But, this is really the Most Important Part to me. So, here's the info and links...

Don

6 Great Alternatives to iGoogle

The deadline for the demise of iGoogle, Google's start page, is getting closer (read how to export your igoogle feeds). While nothing will completely replace iGoogle, there are some alternatives out there. Before we get to the alternative sites we need to define what a Start Page is. For this article a start page is a website that enables you to have various websites, news feeds, and widgets in one place. Most start pages have links to news, popular email services, weather, videos, calendars, To Do lists, maps, sticky notes, TV listings and access to all your social media such as Facebook. In essence, a start page lets you conveniently keep up with a large volume of information in one place. Most have tabbed pages, so you can have a page for each of your interests, RSS feeds, widgets (also known as apps), search boxes, and drag and drop as a way to easily arrange material on your pages. Most have a way to change themes, colors, backgrounds, and layouts Start pages can open directly in your browser at start-up, or, you can add a bookmark for easy access. Finally, most start pages work well in any current browsers.The biggest difference between start pages is in customization and how much material they offer.

Read More...
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/6-great-alternatives-igoogle.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmosbest+%28Gizmo%27s+Best-ever+Freeware%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher


iGoogle Alternatives - The deadline for the demise of iGoogle, Google's start page, is getting closer, it will be gone November 1st, 2013


6 Great Alternatives to iGoogle
Export iGoogle Feeds to OPML
Netvibes – Social Media Monitoring, Analytics and Alerts Dashboard
:translators - Netvibes-User_Guide.pdf
Netvibes mobile version
igHome - iGoogle Alternative
My Yahoo!
Click here to title your page!
Symbaloo | Access your bookmarks anywhere | iGoogle alternative
Why Symbaloo is an excellent iGoogle alternative.
Add Gmail Tasks to Your Firefox Sidebar
iGoogle
Load Any Site in Your Firefox Sidebar
igHome Mobile

iGoogle Alternatives


iGoogle Alternative - Google Search
Netvibes – Social Media Monitoring, Analytics and Alerts Dashboard
StartPage - StartPage Sites as alternative to iGoogle
iGoogle Shutdown: AllMyFaves is the Perfect Alternative Homepage « All My Faves | Blog | @allmyfaves
iGoogle Alternative Netvibes
5 iGoogle Alternatives You Should Consider - TECHGEEK.com.au
iGoogle Alternative at DuckDuckGo
Two more iGoogle alternatives | Workers' Edge - CNET News
I want to: 25 iGoogle Alternatives
uStart.org - Your customisable start page!
Click here to title your page!
iGoogle Alternative gadgets at DuckDuckGo
My Yahoo!
My Yahoo!
Back up your iGoogle page - Web Search Help
Your personal web - backstitch
This Aggregator Site Is Stylish And Simple
igHome - iGoogle Alternative
Introducing: backstitch - YouTube

No comments: