Search My Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Linux Today - Linux Users Still Left Out, Why Source Code Matters to End Users

Linux Users Still Left Out, Why Source Code Matters to End Users
Oct 16, 2009, 04 :32 UTC (0 Talkback[s]) (251 reads)

(Other stories by Carla Schroder)

"Once I listened to RMS giving a talk and he explained this with a nice analogy: software freedom is like freedom of press. Saying "I'm not concerned with software freedom because I'm not a programmer" is just as silly as saying "I'm not concerned with freedom of press because I'm not a journalist". Freedom of press is actually meant for the benefit of all who read the press, not just those who write it -- that is, it really means freedom for the people to get informed. In the same way, software freedom benefits all users of software, not just programmers"

Complete Story

Go there...
http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-10-16-004-35-OP-CY

Don

No comments: