HardInfo: System Profiler and Benchmark
System Profiler and Benchmark
HardInfo can gather information about your system's hardware and operating system, perform benchmarks, and generate printable reports either in HTML or in plain text formats.
It can also be easily extended, for developer documentation and full source code (released under GNU GPL version 2) is available.
The most recent version of HardInfo is 0.5.1, which was released on April 6, 2009. See the download page for download options.
See HardInfo Run
You can see a screencast that show HardInfo in action; it is a little outdated, but should give you an idea of how HardInfo works. Alternatively, you may also see some screenshots.
Hardware Lister (lshw)
- Some statistics
- Pre-compiled versions
- Example output
- How to interpret lshw's output
- Known problems/limitations
- If you want to [http://ezix.org/project/newticket?component=lshw report a …
- Subversion code repository access
lshw (Hardware Lister) is a small tool to provide detailed information on the hardware configuration of the machine. It can report exact memory configuration, firmware version, mainboard configuration, CPU version and speed, cache configuration, bus speed, etc. on DMI-capable x86 or EFI (IA-64) systems and on some PowerPC machines (PowerMac G4 is known to work).
- Linux 2.4.x or 2.6.x (2.2.x might work, though)
- a PA-RISC, Alpha, IA-64 (Itanium), PowerPC or x86 based machine
- an ANSI (or close enough to ANSI compliance) C++ compiler (tested with GCC 2.95.4 and 3.2.2)
- for the (optional) GTK+ graphical user interface, you will need a complete GTK+ 2.4 development environment (gtk2-devel on RedHat/Fedora derivatives)
Information can be output in plain text, XML or HTML.
It currently supports DMI (x86 and EFI only), OpenFirmware device tree (PowerPC only), PCI/AGP, ISA PnP (x86), CPUID (x86), IDE/ATA/ATAPI, PCMCIA (only tested on x86), USB and SCSI.
- SANE - Scanner Access Now Easy
- PPPoE - PPP over Ethernet
- Speedtouch - USB DSL modem
- RDist - file syncronization
- synaptic - APT GUI
- File Roller - Make/extract file archives
- lshw :: HardwareLiSter - ezIX
- Wireless Tools for Linux
- MTR - ping/traceroute tool
- Information: ROX Desktop
- Ethereal - Network Analyzer
- TDFSB - 3D filesystem browser
- GRUB - bootloader
- XCruiser - 3D filesystem browser
- CUPS - Common UNIX Printing System
- LPRng - Print server
- News 02-10-13
- Hack a Day on Fact or Fiction with [Veronical Belmont]
- Reflow oven courtesy of hurricane Sandy
- Better PWM on the Raspberry Pi
- Linux Today - Using xen-tools on Fedora
- Using xen-tools on Fedora – blog.xen.org
- Linux Today - Ouya Coming in June, and Game Development Ramps Up
- Ouya Coming in June, and Game Development Ramps Up
- Linux Today - Real Time Interactive IP LAN Monitoring with IPTraf Tool
- Real Time Interactive IP LAN Monitoring with IPTraf Tool
- BBC News - Curiosity Mars rover takes historic drill sample
- iOS 6.1 banned from corporate servers due to Exchange snafu | ZDNet
- Create A Countdown Timer Instantly
- After Storm, Thousands Remain Stranded - NYTimes.com
- HardInfo: System Profiler and Benchmark