Search My Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Linux Today - GeezerOS: Linux for the Elderly

GeezerOS: Linux for the Elderly
May 30, 2009, 18 :01 UTC (1 Talkback[s]) (662 reads)

(Other stories by Ken Hess)

[ Thanks to Ken Hess for this link. ]

"Seldom do I see my parents-in-law playing a heated game of Quake or doing any kernel tinkering, nor do I see them downloading, untarring, compiling and installing some piece of software for their system.

"No, Windows isn't the answer. I can't tell you how many times I've installed, reinstalled, reconfigured, de-virused, de-spywared and rebooted their computers over the past 10 years. I don't even answer the phone when I see their number because I know the next words I'll hear are, "Oh, Ken, my computer..." and I just can't do it any more. The subsequent long and detailed voicemails are causing me drink alcoholic concotions based upon every fruit, berry, leaf and bean known to mankind."

Complete Story

Go there...

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-05-30-008-35-OP-DT-HU

Don

No comments: