Search My Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Virtualization With KVM On A Fedora 13 Server | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Virtualization With KVM On A Fedora 13 Server

Submitted by falko (Contact Author) (Forums) on Thu, 2010-06-17 17:10. :: Fedora | KVM | Virtualization

Virtualization With KVM On A Fedora 13 Server

Version 1.0
Author: Falko Timme <ft [at] falkotimme [dot] com>
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited 06/14/2010

This guide explains how you can install and use KVM for creating and running virtual machines on a Fedora 13 server. I will show how to create image-based virtual machines and also virtual machines that use a logical volume (LVM). KVM is short for Kernel-based Virtual Machine and makes use of hardware virtualization, i.e., you need a CPU that supports hardware virtualization, e.g. Intel VT or AMD-V.

I do not issue any guarantee that this will work for you!

 

1 Preliminary Note

I'm using a Fedora 13 server with the hostname server1.example.com and the IP address 192.168.0.100 here as my KVM host.

We also need a desktop system where we install virt-manager so that we can connect to the graphical console of the virtual machines that we install. I'm using a Fedora 13 desktop here.

 

2 Installing KVM

Read more...
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-fedora-13-server

Don

No comments: