Search My Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

AE EP#26 The Ultimate Breadboard | The Amateur Engineer

AE EP#26 The Ultimate Breadboard

While I was working on my Oscilloscope project I discovered, that breadboards are only semi-useful for Bigger things. Everything seems not to add to your project but to just pile up on it. After you added some probes and things that need a bus you will sit on a fragile, unforgiving crapstack, that just waits for you to stick a jumper-wire in the wrong hole. So I decided to make myself some room on the board and push connectors, displays and meters away from the center. Just take a look what came out:

check out the vid to get a walkthrough

So here is a little list what it includes:

* 2 max 232 Level converters
* An arduino NG
* 3 BNC connectors
* 8 banana Plugs
* A 50 V voltmeter
* Tiny tiny breadboard for displays and button stuff
* 4×7-segment display with driving transistors
* Datavision DV-20208 HD44780 compatible LC-display
* 2x lm3914 bar-graph displays with jumper selectable voltage range
* Avr-Net-IO for some Ethernet
* A -10V -5V GND +5V +10V earth 0V 35V Power supply
* and of course a humongous breadboarding area

This is of course just a source of ideas so if you make one of your own please let me know and if you don’t publish yourself, I’d be delighted to show off pictures of yours here!

Some words on construction:

Read More...
http://www.amateurengineer.com/?p=400

I love this Setup! And Red is my Favorite Color!:)

Don


The Ultimate Breadboard – a prototyping station that has it all
The Ultimate Breadboard – a prototyping station that has it all - Hack a Day
AE EP#26 The Ultimate Breadboard | The Amateur Engineer
AE EP#26 The Ultimate Breadboard | The Amateur Engineer
Episode #26 The Ultimate Breadboard - YouTube
BB.jpeg (JPEG Image, 1600 × 1200 pixels) - Scaled (72%)
Oscilloscope Homebrew Project | The Amateur Engineer
AE Episodes | The Amateur Engineer
AE EP#9 An external harddrive for 3 bucks how-to | The Amateur Engineer
other peoples stuff | The Amateur Engineer
Relics from my time as an engineer - YouTube


No comments: