Search My Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard? - ABC News

Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard?

ABC News went undercover and found retailers selling aged tires as brand new.
11/02/2009

WOW!:O I didn't know that there were so many old-new tires being sold in the US. I would have figured 2 maybe 3 year old were sold as new. But 6 to 14!!! That is criminal!!! I always wondered what those extra numbers were for on the tires. I knew of course with my love for old Autos, that tires age while setting. Especially outside in the weather, on a vehicle. And used tire shops even have to follow rules on Selling Old Tires. The Azle Tire Shop where I bought the used tires for my Blazer, told me all about that when I got the ones I have now. They couldn't even send my old ones in for Re-Treading. because of their age. I did think that only Re-Treads Peeled apart like that. I didn't know that New-Old Tires could do that too!:O

Don


See Video...
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897

No comments: