Search My Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

how to force-close unattended linux systems

how to force-close unattended linux systems

Luke Militello luke at digitalenigma.net
Sat Dec 20 05:25:34 GMT 2008
Paul Johnson wrote: > In our computer lab, there are some users who walk away from their > computers for hours.  I'd like to automatically close down those > sessions so that other users do not have to wait or hit > ALT-CTRL-Backspace.  I don't find anything while googling because I > don't know the magic words, I'm afraid. gdm is the login manager and > the gnome screensaver installed.  I just need some little addon to the > screensaver that logs out systems if they aren't used for a while. > Similar to the way the laptop power manager closes down idle systems. >  > Got any advice? >  Sounds like you are looking for autolog...  sudo apt-get install autolog  http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=autolog

Go there...
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-December/169455.html

Don

No comments: