Search My Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Free Utility that Really Does Speed Up Firefox

A Free Utility that Really Does Speed Up Firefox

I must admit that I wince whenever I read a claim that a particular program will speed up my PC. I've been trying these programs for more than a decade and frankly most don't work. But there is always an exception that proves the rule and SpeedyFox is indeed, such an exception.

SpeedyFox is a program designed to speed up Firefox. It doesn't claim to speed up your browsing but rather to make Firefox load more quickly and to accelerate some specific operations such as viewing/searching your browsing history and working with cookies.

According to the SpeedyFox website the program works by contacting the databases that Firefox users to store its information.

"Firefox uses SQLITE databases to store lots of its settings. By over time the databases grow and Firefox starts working slowly. SpeedyFox compacts those databases without loosing any data."

Read more and download...
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/free-utility-really-does-speed-firefox.htm

Don

No comments: