Search My Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another day in development… » Review: My good ol’ friend FreeBSD (actually PC-BSD 7.1)

Need to try this one out... Looks good...

Another day in development… » Review: My good ol' friend FreeBSD (actually PC-BSD 7.1)

19. May 2009

Review: My good ol' friend FreeBSD (actually PC-BSD 7.1)

Filed under: BSD, UNIX — admin @ 18:30

For those of you who are regular visitors, you may already know that before I started playing with GNU/Linux (2001/2) I was using FreeBSD. And while I continue to use GNU/Linux, I still hold an emotional tie to BSD-based operating systems. It was not until recently that I had decided to give the latest version of PC-BSD a try. This is version 7.1: Galileo Edition. A side note: PC-BSD is a desktop oriented version of FreeBSD intended to be extremely user friendly, primarily because of their implementation of their PBI package management system along with other features.

Go there read more...

http://blog.hydrasystemsllc.com/2009/05/19/review-my-good-ol-friend-freebsd-actually-pc-bsd-71/

Don

No comments: