Search My Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Audio Speaker Project - Build a 2x12 cab out of Wood Trash Cans - Trash Can Guitar Speaker Cabinet

Here's a nice looking set of Speaker Cabinets. Made from some Store Bought, Wooden Trash Cans. He used 10 inch Speaker Drivers and says they sound pretty nice. He's using them for a Guitar - Bass Cab...

Don


The Trash Can Cab

Making a silk purse out of bird in the bush

I recently ordered two 10" guitar speakers from Ted Weber . My idea was to build a small 2x10 cab to play around with the various low wattage amps I have been experimenting with. I started out designing a very traditional enclosure, but it really wasn't exciting me.

During a trip to the local crafts store, I spied a stack of unfinished wood trashcan/storage container boxes. They were in the shape of an truncated pyramid and had a lid and cut-outs for handles.

I realized that these cheap wood boxes would nicely fit a 10" speaker each. I bought two and headed home to the workshop.

So I had the rough idea, but it was time to rummage through my boxes of junk. I came across a set of shelf brackets from Ikea that I had never used. Nice metal ones, fairly heavy duty--holy crap these would make great lets.

After all, I wanted my enclosure to stand up off the floor a bit.

Plus the pyramid shape of the wood boxes meant that the speakers would face upwards by a slight angle. So I assembled the first batch of parts:

Read More...
http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/TrashCanCab/


Audio Speaker Project - Build a 2x12 cab out of Wood Trash Cans


Trash Can Guitar Speaker Cabinet
Guitar DIY Projects and Schematics from Beavis Audio Research
Beavis Audio-Tech Pages
Beavis Audio Research
Beavis Audio Research
Beavis Audio Contact
Beavis Audio Research


Audio Recording - Sub-kick Mic Project DIY Bass Drum Microphone Uses Woofer Cone As Diaphragm


DIY Bass Drum Microphone Uses Woofer Cone As Diaphragm | Hackaday
digitaldrummer.net - Sub-Kick project
Speaker as a microphone | Hackaday
musical hacks | Hackaday
SPKR MiK: How to make a microphone from a speaker.
Products - Yamaha United States
Trash Can Guitar Speaker Cabinet


No comments: