Search My Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

How to Create a Database in MySQL Workbench - from Stack Overflow

There's a very Powerful Free and Open Source GUI Tool for working with MySQL Databases. It's called MySQL Workbench. It's a great tool and you don't have to muck around in the Command Line to use it in Linux! But, there's allot to learn in there too. I learned how to setup MySQL on a Local Server and how to Administrate a Remote Web Server and create Data Bases and such, quite a few years ago. With a few other Tools. Like PHPmyAdmin and some Windows 98 and XP Apps, that I don't remember the names of, now. But now, I have forgotten most of what I learned. And I switched to Fedora and Debian Linux in 2005. I'm running my Web Sites on my own Server now. And have for the last several years. Since Paying Web Hosting got too expensive for me. But, I had to go back to using, just Straight Old School HTML Pages. I use to have a Drupal Site and several other Dynamic Sites, as well. But, I never could figure out how to import my Databases, form my old Web Host, to my Local Server. I'm trying my hand at Setting my Dynamic Sites up again. I'm going ahead and starting over with updated Site Code and new Databases. I now have one PHP Site up and running on my Local Test Machine. And today I installed Drupal on a machine running CentOS and I have installed it on my Fedora 14 System too. But, I had already forgot how to create a new Database... Again!:O Since I setup that new site a few weeks ago. So, I'm Posting this for myself and others that have spent way to much time, messing around in MySQL, trying to do simple things like this...

Also, there is an odd thing, that happens when you install Drupal and a few other Web Site Systems, from the Package Manager in Fedora and CentOS. They get installed in (for example) "file:///usr/share/drupal/" if you go to it in a Web Browser or "/usr/share/drupal/" in local File Manager. But, Fedora and CEntOS, only share Web Sites on the Internet. Which are in "file:///usr/share/drupal/" or "/usr/share/drupal/" in a File Manager. I tried setting up a Virtual Server, that pointed to this Directory. But, I had no luck in getting that to work in my Web Browser. I followed a bunch of instructions in the Drupal Read Me Files and changed Permissions on certain lines in the settings.php, etc. And I change some Directory and File Permissions too. Some things that I tried to remember form other installs that worked. But, that's another problem, for another day...

Hope this helps with MySQL Workbench. I'm putting more links to more MySQL info below too...


Don

1 Answer



From the main screen, select the server under "SQL Development". You'll then see a window like the one below. Click the button I've highlighted with a red circle and follow the prompts.
Make sure to add a user to the database. This can be done under "Server Administration" under the "Accounts" tab. If you're not accessing it from the same machine hosting it, make sure the allowed host is set to % (or your IP).


Read More...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4975713/how-do-you-create-a-database-in-mysql-workbench-that-you-can-connect-to-with-php


MySQL info


How do you create a database in mySQL Workbench that you can connect to with php? - Stack Overflow
Google Custom Search
DonsDeals: MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL (with installation video)
DonsDeals: Installing PowerDNS (With MySQL Backend) And Poweradmin On Debian Lenny | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
MySQL :: The world's most popular open source database
Linux Today - Xataface Lets Non-technical Users Edit MySQL Data
Linux.com :: Xataface lets non-technical users edit MySQL data
MySQL :: MySQL 3.23, 4.0, 4.1 Reference Manual
MySQL db setup | drupal.org
Xataface - Browse /xataface/xataface-1.3.4 at SourceForge.net
20 MySQL (Mysqladmin) Commands for Database Administration in Linux
MySql - Chris Hope's LAMP Blog
MySQL info (more links)
import database into MySQL - Google Search
Modwest FAQ and Knowledge Base - How do I import a MySQL dumpfile into my database?
Modwest FAQ and Knowledge Base - How do I import delimited data into MySQL?
Modwest FAQ and Knowledge Base - How do I export and move my database tables between servers or copy databases?
Import MySQL dumpfile, SQL datafile into my database
MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 4.5.5 mysqlimport — A Data Import Program
MySQL :: Migrating from Microsoft SQL Server and Access to MySQL
MySQL :: Download MySQL Workbench
MySQL - Free Software Directory - Free Software Foundation
Index of ftp://mirrors.ecvps.com/gnu/
MySQL :: MySQL GUI Tools Bundle: Archived Downloads
MySQL - Google Search
MySQL admin caos linux - Google Search
phpMyAdmin
Get more out of phpMyAdmin
MySQL :: MySQL Workbench 5.2
MySQL Workbench database name - Google Search
How do you create a database in mySQL Workbench that you can connect to with php? - Stack Overflow
MySQL :: MySQL Workbench :: 5.2 Creating a Model
MySQL Workbench set ftp - Google Search
mysql workbench set ftp connection - Google Search
mysql workbench how to set ftp connection - Google Search
SQL free tools from idera.com (some are free and some are trial ware you have to give an e-mail address and will get allot of adds from them)
Free SQL Server Tools – Performance Monitoring for SQL databases
Free SharePoint Tools : Performance Monitoring Tool from Idera
Free PowerShell scripts for managing SharePoint: Idera PowerShell scripts
Free PowerShell scripts for managing SQL Server: Idera PowerShell scripts
SQL Check

No comments: