Search My Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

NetDummy » Blog Archive » Deleting A Meetup.com Group

Deleting A Meetup.com Group

By: Dave Taylor
May 4th, 2010

I've been running a group on Meetup.com for a while, but have decided to move it over to Facebook because that's where all my members are anyway. What I'd like to do is delete the Meetup group, but I have heard from more than one person that it's impossible to accomplish. Not for Dave Taylor, though! Show me how it's done!

Dave's Answer:


Sounds like you have put me into the role of superhero. Hmm... does that mean that I need to start wearing a cape? Actually, I kind of like that image... faster than a speeding hard drive, more powerful than a quad-core, able to squash pesky bugs with a single click, it's Super Dave! What do you think?

Oh, you didn't write to ask me about that, did you? You want to know how to delete an unused group from Meetup.com. Here's the reality: as an organizer or co-organizer, you can't remove or delete a group. Meetup.com even says so: "If you feel comfortable that you're ready to go, please send an email to the Meetup Community Team, and we'll take care of finishing the process from here."

Let me step you through the entire process, however, because my friend Deb Frey generously let me help her delete a group she'd also moved to another event organizing platform...

Log in to your Meetup.com account, and on the right side of the main page you should see a list of groups for which you're an organizer:


Read more...
http://www.netdummy.com/2010/05/04/deleting-a-meetupcom-group/

Don

No comments: