Search My Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Three Faces of Fedora 11, Part 1: GNOME « Larry the Free Software Guy

GNOME 2.26.1, the desktop version that comes essentially as the default
with Fedora 11 is like an old friend; an old friend with a couple of
extra benefits. Most notable in the additions department in 2.26 like a
new Brasero (with which I burned the Live CDs that went into each of the
three test machines) and monitor detection improvements that prevented
me from the xorg.conf tango I usually have to perform this time around.

What makes the rock-steady, ever friendly GNOME a good fit is what's new
under the hood for Fedora 11, especially ext4 and PackageKit to name
only two of the 60 or so new features which, even with all the time I've
spent on it, I haven't gotten to yet.

Go there...

http://larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/the-three-faces-of-fedora-11-part-1-gnome/

Don

No comments: