Search My Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

LinuxHardware.org - HOW-TO: Configuring Your Mouse To Work With All 5 Buttons

HOW-TO: Configuring Your Mouse To Work With All 5 Buttons

HOW-TOsanders999 writes "Getting the mouse to work with all the five buttons I write to you this article because I've just solved a problem that I haven't yet seen an easy solution to.

Thanks to Anders for this reader contribution.

Short description of the problem

The problem I had was that the mouse (Logitech MX518 by the way), did not work as intended by the manufacturer. More specifically the back and forward buttons on my mouse didn't do what they should when I was browsing (in any browser). Ofcourse it works fine in Windows and I bought the mouse because I wanted a good gaming mouse, but since Linux (Fedora Core 5) is my main OS I wanted those buttons to work as expected.

Go there...

http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.php?story=06/10/30/198205

Don

No comments: